The Hunting association
35% of the Schlenzer district is forested. The hunting cooperative, founded in 1990, has the main task of contributing to a balanced relationship between tree population and species-rich and healthy wildlife population on the 1757 hectars classified as a big game hunting area. The objectives and tasks of the hunting cooperative are defined as:
- Protect endangered game species
- Safeguard, improve and, as far as possible, restore the natural habitat of game.
- Limit the damage caused by huntable animals to the forest and to agricultural crops to an economically tolerable level.
- Harmonise hunting with other public interests, in particular with those of nature conservation, animal welfare, landscape management and recreational use.
- Regulate the practice and organisation of hunting
- Enforce biotope-appropriate game management.